Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mystery Weekend Reveal

Well I am back after my mystery patchwork weekend with Roma Patchwork and Crafters.  The mystery was quite mysterious with none of us being able to 'pre guess' what we were making.

I started with my fabric ironed and sewn like this.
I then spent some time doing this

To end up with a large piece of this.
 
Mine did not progress further than this as I was talking too much.  Here are some of the others.


 and the one below is by Bev.  Bev enjoys putting a twist or interpretation on her task.
Now I can hear you wondering, "What was the mystery?" 

Officially the mystery was a woven table runner & place mats, but our tutor Julie of Cow Paddocks Patchwork & Craft  thought we would appreciate the flexibility of a large piece to work with rather than 'pre cutting' a table runner & place mats.

I think at this stage the pieces are destined to become a backpack, an overnight bag, a centre for a quilt, cushions, corners of a quilt and just about anything you can imagine.  Hopefully I will capture some snaps of the finished projects.

As for mine, I have no idea.  I have some deadlines and secret squirrel projects in the pipeline, so it might be a while before I have the time to focus on what it will become.


1 comment:

  1. This looks complicated. Surprising how the effect changes, depending on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...