Monday, March 19, 2012

Creative Friends, Finishes, Progress and OPTICAL ILLUSION

Lets' start with a couple of creations by the ladies from Roma Patchwork.

This is Jill's block of the month sampler (who's official name has slipped my mind). 
 It is massive and Jill hopes to quilt it on her domestic machine.
 Maibry's Twisted bargello.
This was started in the workshop in October 2010, but she has taken it so much further. 
 Just stunning Maibry.
(Maibry on Left, Jill on Right)
 
A quilt I made about 3 1/2 years ago that has been sitting waiting for quilting.
 I pieced the backing last week (and for something involving  pink, I don't think it is too bad.)  I hope to get this quilted on O-me this week.
 A FINISH. Yes this is a fully quilted and bound Care Quilt to add to the Roma Patchwork & Crafters stash of quilts to distribute this winter (or sooner if this cool weather keeps up)

 and a close up of the fabrics and quilting. 
 It was made from a layer cake called "Coming Home" by Deb Strain for Moda Fabrics
 This is the quilt that was on O-me over the weekend.  Another care quilt for the club.
 And I am very proud to say that "OPTICAL ILLUSION" IS FINISHED.
 I love it.  What started as an accident and a piece of fabric that I hated has turned into a lovely quilt. 
 (Please ignore the apparently big head according to this photo, it is boofy hair and camera flash.)
 This is a close up of the quilting done by me on O-me.
This has been a great week of constructive work with two finishes to add to OPAM and much progress on other quilts.  I have more to show you, but they are not quite finished, they will be (hopefully this week) as they are Aussie Hero Quilts. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a lot of show and tell. Love the fact that you make care quilts. How lovely! Who gets them and how do you hand them out? Yours looks really cozy and cuddly. Love your optical illusion quilt too, very clever! Seriously jealous of your o-me too! I need a kid to leave home so that I can commandeer his room!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...