Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The waves are rolling in....

March 9 & 10 saw me holed up in the Roma Patchwork room attending a workshop with Julie Latcham of Cow Paddocks Patchwork Dulacca.

"All the Wave" was the order of the weekend.  Now for those of you that have been blogging with me for a while, you may recall I went to Injune to do this workshop a few years ago.  Well - I never quite finished it, so I thought another weekend would mean I have a quilt top (or something) to work with.
  {I have just gone through by blog history and this workshop was PRE-BLOG wow 4 years did seem to go fast.}

Now after trolling through the photos on my external hard drive, these are the only photos I can find of my progress from that weekend.

Here I have loose blocks in a possible layout
 and the group shot of the 'brave Injune ladies'
 Now Fast Forward to earlier this month.  I had made a bit more progress in the last 4 years (all off this is joined)

 A fellow 'wavy soul' Leanne, wondering why she had let me talk her into this.
(Nice shirt Leanne - great quilt design in that shirt)
 and Vera our quiet achiever of the weekend

This photo of Melanie's beautiful Batik blocks really shows the WAVE in the seams.  Cool hey?
 At the end of 2 long days, this is what we had to show for ourselves.
Cecily's blocks take on a completely different look depending on which way they are held - cool - it is a bit like a path
 Leanne's sunflower garden is almost creating a spiral effect

Melanies Beautiful under the sea batiks.
 
Vera our quiet achiever and her lovely flower garden
Me and the 4 year challenge
 A full length
 And all of us with Julie (front right) our tutor.

 
Thanks for a great weekend ladies.  
I learnt a lot, 
I laughed a lot 
and 
I finished my quilt top.  
WAAAAHOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...