Friday, June 26, 2015

a Sub - stitute quilt

I have a cousin in the navy.

She is a submariner.

Her submarine is going off somewhere this week.  I was desperate to make her a quilt, so I asked the family to send me messages and or photos and I got to work.

Each family member sent a photo or a message.  Below is my hand written message taken as a photograph & printed onto fabric.


 Her adorable cats
 My boys showing off the quilt.

My favourite block.  A tree as she won't see them under the sea.
 
 The front with appliqued submarines (Collins Class of course, as that is what the Australian Navy use).  I was told that they were 'anatomically' correct, that is a relief as I took a bit of time trying to find the right ones.  There are quite a few different shape submarines out there.
 close up of the subs
 The back, a tumble of Australian Fabrics.
 I love the quilt and I am so glad I could make her such a personal gift with an Aussie twist, inspired by Aussie Hero Quilts.
 


 This is the photo that was sent when Claire received it.  That face says it all.


A quilt for a sub.  
A quilt to use as a substitute for family & hugs.
A quilt full of love.

Be safe Claire Bear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by. If you've enjoyed reading, please leave me a note. Have a great crafty day. Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...